F.A.Q - What is TPS Comment Day?

Inside this board is a list of our most frequently asked questions. PLEASE CHECK THIS BOARD BEFORE EMAILING QUESTIONS!
Chelle
Webmaster
Webmaster

F.A.Q - What is TPS Comment Day?

Post by Chelle » April 15th, 2012, 7:43 pm

So...What is it?
One day out of every month, we here at TPS shut down our boards to new postings. So on these days you cannot post new poetry, song lyrics, art, or stories for 24 hours until we re-open the boards some time the next day.

What Do I Have to Do?
Comment Days are good days to sit down and catch up on reviewing some other people's work. It helps to keep our site active and our writers happy with lots of feedback from fellow writers.

What's the Point of It?
TPS is a very large site filled with tons of pieces from our poets and sometimes (especially in the busier boards) their work gets pushed back by the abundance of new stuff being posted everyday. So that's what Comment Days are for.

When's the Next TPS Comment Day?
We like to keep them mysterious so everyone participates in it. They aren't announced until we do it.
-------------------------------------------------------

Frequently Asked Questions About Comment Days

Where is the "Start New Thread" button?
We shut down the boards to new posting on these days which disables the button.

I don't want to review other people's poetry, I just want to get some comments on mine.
The best way to get replies is to give replies.

I don't like this feature, will you guys quit doing it? It's a hassle not being able to post my new poetry.
TPS has no intention to discontinue this site event. It helps us keep the boards up to date and to build a better sense of community. As for the hassle of not being able to post new poetry-one day of waiting isn't going to hurt you.

Boards Shut Down on Comment Day:
(No new posts, only comments can be made.)
- The Sadness
- The Heart
- The Tragedy
- The Miscellaneous
- The Enlightened
- The Darkness
- The Haiku and Senryu
- The Nature
- The Angst
- The Open Mic
- The Anger
- The Humor
- The Fantasy
- The Roots

- The Songwriter's Block
- The Prose
- The Short Stories
- The Gallery
- The Lens
- Poetry Critique Central
- The Cowrites Board

Looking For a Few Good Staff:If you're thinking about being a moderator-please check this out and apply!
TPS Moderator Application