F.A.Q. - How Do I Get My Poems In The Spotlight?

Inside this board is a list of our most frequently asked questions. PLEASE CHECK THIS BOARD BEFORE EMAILING QUESTIONS!
Chelle
Webmaster
Webmaster

F.A.Q. - How Do I Get My Poems In The Spotlight?

Post by Chelle » April 15th, 2012, 5:46 pm

Everything You Need To Know About The Spotlight

"How do I post my poems in The Spotlight?"

You can't-poems/stories/songs must be selected to be placed there.

"How do pieces end up in The Spotlight?"

Three spotlighted pieces are picked by the TPS Administration every week. But the entire TPS Staff has a say in what pieces end up in the Spotlight.

"How do the Staff pick pieces for The Spotlight?"

As the Staff review the boards we keep a look out for pieces that are truly excellent. We look for many things in a potential Spotlight piece. Different Staff members look for different things, but generally we look for pieces that really stand out and are unique.

"What kind of pieces are usually chosen for the Spotlight?"

Since this is The Poet Sanctuary, usually poetry is in the Spotlight, but that does not mean that Short Stories, Songs, Art work, Prose, or Essays are excluded. If we think it's worthy then it goes in the Spotlight.

"What if I (a non-staff member) find a piece that I think deserves to be in the Spotlight?
Can I nominate any?"

Absolutely! If you come across a piece that you truly think deserves to be under the glow of the Spotlight, then PM the URL link, the author's name, the title of the piece, and the board it is located in to your friendly neighborhood Admin. (Please put "Spotlight Suggestion" in the Subject line).

"How do I enter to get my poem in The Spotlight?"

Remember all spotlighted pieces start off posted in our regular boards. Poems are submitted (via PM) to a TPS Moderator, Co-Admin, or Admin with the subject title, "Spotlight Suggestions." You may not nominate yourself for this honor.

Looking For a Few Good Staff:If you're thinking about being a moderator-please check this out and apply!
TPS Moderator Application