Site Suggestions -- Help Make TPS A Better Site!

A general help board for new and old TPS members to brush up on the TPS basics and to take part in making TPS a better community. Have a question or need help? Answers can be found in our F.A.Q. board. Check there first!Topics such as How To Post, Copyright Information, How to Check Your Private Messages (PMs) and Guidelines can be found in the F.A.Q. board.(**Guests may view this board.)
Chelle
Webmaster
Webmaster

Site Suggestions -- Help Make TPS A Better Site!

Post by Chelle » April 6th, 2017, 12:12 pm

Feel free to reply with any suggestions you may have for the site/forums. Keep in mind some of these may have been done before. You're also welcome to PM a staff member with any suggestions or comments.

We are not open to creating any more boards at this time. We've got plenty enough so please make do with what's there.
And keep in mind just because we don't accept your suggestion doesn't mean it wasn't considered. Alot of what we do depends on our ability to put it into effect/money/the good of all. So don't take it personally if we don't implement your suggestion.

Looking For a Few Good Staff:If you're thinking about being a moderator-please check this out and apply!
TPS Moderator Application

INFPoet

Re: Site Suggestions -- Help Make TPS A Better Site!

Post by INFPoet » April 6th, 2017, 1:35 pm

I'm with TP. I feel like with my poems I need to comment on a comment to thank the commenter (wow, what a mouthful!), but that means I'm always putting my poem back at the top again, which shouldn't always be done. :blush:

Home is behind, the world ahead,
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadows to the edge of night,
Until the stars are all alight...
(J.R.R. Tolkien, LOTR)

Let's Go Mets!

Keep calm and pass the puck to Zucc. LGR

Chelle
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Chelle » April 7th, 2017, 2:07 am

Actually you can always send a PM to your commenters to avoid bumping or do several in one reply. Although most commenters don't expect thanks to be given-simply comment on one of their poems in return to show your appreciation.

We had a karma feature at one point and it was abused. We coded a like feature but you could only like a thread, not a reply. So it wouldn't do what it was needed so we got rid of that. I may look to see if there's something like that now. I want to try getting the chat back when I have time.

Looking For a Few Good Staff:If you're thinking about being a moderator-please check this out and apply!

INFPoet

Post by INFPoet » April 9th, 2017, 2:17 pm

Hey, I was looking back over some of the suggestions from years ago, and I came across the "Oscars" one. That sounds like a lot of fun. I've only been a member for less than four months, so I don't really know about what events TPS has year round, but I wonder, is that something we could do??? :happyy:

Home is behind, the world ahead,
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadows to the edge of night,
Until the stars are all alight...
(J.R.R. Tolkien, LOTR)

Let's Go Mets!

Keep calm and pass the puck to Zucc. LGR

Chelle
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Chelle » April 9th, 2017, 2:44 pm

We did a TPS awards once and we didn't have a lot of participation so we haven't tried to revive it. Pretty soon we'll start asking for contest entries for Poetize.

Windsend
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Windsend » August 8th, 2017, 12:03 am

Any hopes for a re-occurring thread like the made up dictionary word challenge, or the haiku thread. Maybe even a cross-section of these two, where we make up a few words/themes, and use the last stanza of the previous poem? All of the above, under an analytical alteration similar to sentence diagram theory, but used as 'Poetry Diagram Theory'. If no such thing exists, we could break new ground together in a fireside conversation, perhaps setting the stage for a literary standard through poetize magazine within a collaboration of philosophical and/or existential poetry analysis. I.E. Stars = Forever, Diamonds, A River Of Light, Where We Make A Wish, Etc. The following link redirects to a sentence diagram theory explanation; Sentence Diagram @ Wikipedia. I tried to break new ground within my book using 'Good Quote Analasis' under this and information theory and sentence diagram theory. I did not however extrapolate sentence diagraming in any detail, or get into a poetry perspectives and/or standards in this manner, outside of its possible use. There are so many wonder possible perspectives out there, as well as the people from which they originate. I am sure we could think of some sort of standard together and hour a week, or 2 weeks perhaps? We are all snowflakes, or the same basic shape out of different building blocks!
:wizard:

Spirabilis Receptaculum -

My Poems and "Wind Form" Poem Instruction

All work under, 'Windsend', is subject to my legal; Copyright Reserved 2014-23, USA.

Chelle
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Chelle » August 8th, 2017, 2:58 am

I'm going to say get in touch with Alan. We're discussing some new ideas and directions to expand the Drawing Board as it relates to poetry construction, workshops, tools, improving, and other things. He has a section in Poetize for the Writers' Workshop so that might fit better in that part of it from what you're saying. Anyways, sounds like it might be along the lines of some things we were already talking about so poke him. :)

SilentTears

Post by SilentTears » September 24th, 2017, 5:51 pm

I really want to get some more people in here. Have we thought about or talked about advertising, maybe just free stuff like in FB poetry groups or something along those lines? I know TPS was down for a hot minute but I wanna see another night with 700+ people logged on!

I let the sun on my skin.
Pretend I don't burn
I'm not burning here.
I just lay ash
On my eyelids,
And rub it deep into my
Bones.

6x winner of:

My Poet File

Chelle
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Chelle » September 25th, 2017, 1:35 pm

If we ever get enough donations, I wouldn't mind paying a service like Orange Soda for an email advert campaign. As far as Facebook adverting....I don't allow people to advert on the TPS group, just like the forum so I wouldn't want to purposefully go out and advert on other peoples' sites. Now, if you members want to go out and invite your friends, or leave adverts on FB groups/pages or wherever that are open to adverts, that's fine. I used to leave cards at local libraries. For those in school, leave some at your school's library or in places where students would see them (cafes, etc).

SilentTears

Post by SilentTears » September 25th, 2017, 8:34 pm

Okay sweet! I get where you're coming from. I'm in some poetry groups on FB and I know some people on there would be super interested in TPS. I'm off to go spread the good news. :thumb:

I let the sun on my skin.
Pretend I don't burn
I'm not burning here.
I just lay ash
On my eyelids,
And rub it deep into my
Bones.

6x winner of:

My Poet File