Site Suggestions -- Help Make TPS A Better Site!

A general help board for new and old TPS members to brush up on the TPS basics and to take part in making TPS a better community. Have a question or need help? Answers can be found in our F.A.Q. board. Check there first!Topics such as How To Post, Copyright Information, How to Check Your Private Messages (PMs) and Guidelines can be found in the F.A.Q. board.(**Guests may view this board.)
DragonsOfRose

Site Suggestions -- Help Make TPS A Better Site!

Postby DragonsOfRose » April 13th, 2012, 10:29 pm

Site Suggestions

Got an idea on how to make TPS an even better site? Please post your suggestions and the Administration will discuss and decide on them!

Remember! TPS IS NOT currently making anymore boards so please do not ask for them.

Accepted Suggestions
--

Rejected Suggestions
--The Passion Board (Sexually based posts are against our Terms Of Service. We will NOT allow this type of material at any time. This website is compliant to COPPA, meaning content must remain PG13!)
-- New Boards (We will not be making any new boards at this time.
-- Bring back the Philosophical Debate Board. (We will not be bringing this board to the new forum. Why? It caused lots of controversy and membership issues on the old forum. We'd prefer to keep this off of T.P.S., not instigate it.)

We thank you all for your suggestions on how to make TPS a better site. We appreciate your input and consider each one without bias. Please do not take offense if your suggestion is not used.

Please remember, this is a suggestion thread not a debate or argument place. All such material will be removed immediately.

Happy Posting!

TripleP

Re: Site Suggestions -- Help Make TPS A Better Site!

Postby TripleP » April 6th, 2017, 12:12 pm

This might have been suggested before - but would it be possible to have some sort of 'like' button, or smiley face, on the replies that people give to poems. That way the poet can let the replier know that s/he read and appreciated the comment without having to reply themselves and 'bump' their poem to the top.

INFPoet

Postby INFPoet » April 6th, 2017, 1:35 pm

I'm with TP. I feel like with my poems I need to comment on a comment to thank the commenter (wow, what a mouthful!), but that means I'm always putting my poem back at the top again, which shouldn't always be done. :blush:

Home is behind, the world ahead,
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadows to the edge of night,
Until the stars are all alight...
(J.R.R. Tolkien, LOTR)

Let's Go Mets!
Let's Go Rangers!

Chelle
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Chelle » April 7th, 2017, 2:07 am

Actually you can always send a PM to your commenters to avoid bumping or do several in one reply. Although most commenters don't expect thanks to be given-simply comment on one of their poems in return to show your appreciation.

We had a karma feature at one point and it was abused. We coded a like feature but you could only like a thread, not a reply. So it wouldn't do what it was needed so we got rid of that. I may look to see if there's something like that now. I want to try getting the chat back when I have time.

TripleP

Postby TripleP » April 8th, 2017, 12:34 pm

Would it be possible to make it so that the author of the thread can reply to people's reply, and it doesn't bump it to the top? Frankly, I'm not sure I want to pm everyone. That might get a little creepy. :)

Chelle
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Chelle » April 9th, 2017, 3:32 am

no anytime you reply to a thread, it will always bump to the top. all forums work that way. Honestly most commenters don't expect a thank you so I always find it curious that some get so worried about it. Most would be happy to see a reply on their own work, especially alot of our older members. TPS is built on a foundation of reciprocation.

INFPoet

Postby INFPoet » April 9th, 2017, 2:17 pm

Hey, I was looking back over some of the suggestions from years ago, and I came across the "Oscars" one. That sounds like a lot of fun. I've only been a member for less than four months, so I don't really know about what events TPS has year round, but I wonder, is that something we could do??? :happyy:

Home is behind, the world ahead,
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadows to the edge of night,
Until the stars are all alight...
(J.R.R. Tolkien, LOTR)

Let's Go Mets!
Let's Go Rangers!

Chelle
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Chelle » April 9th, 2017, 2:44 pm

We did a TPS awards once and we didn't have a lot of participation so we haven't tried to revive it. Pretty soon we'll start asking for contest entries for Poetize.

Return to “The Information and Support Center”