Baked In

An archive containing past featured spotlight works, what we consider, some of the best works on TPS. Feel free to leave comments.
Gavin.Marconi

Re: Baked In

Post by Gavin.Marconi » December 10th, 2017, 6:50 pm

As a man who is familiar with both baking and sadness, I have a particular appreciation for your poem. How you merged the two seemingly unrelated themes is smooth and quite clever. I like the line "some gets added when you turn your head" how painfully true! In fact, your piece is alight with truisms. I feel like this poem should be in every baker's recipe book. Extraordinary write, enjoyed immensely!

Gavin

miharu
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by miharu » June 18th, 2018, 11:10 pm

This is so beautiful; I'm uncertain how it didn't receive more comments. From the initial line of the piece, the reader is in for a treat (pun intended). I loved the stanza about the cupboard, because these lines are written to take the reader to that kind of darkness but also provide hope. There is hope in "cook your own catharsis." I love the nod to "mother," a remembrance of the importance of outside help. I find so much optimism at the end of this piece.

Truly a beautiful read.

Balustrade
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Balustrade » June 20th, 2018, 3:39 am

A truly winning recipe that appeals to my stomach, my heart and definitely whatever is left of my brain.

Formerly known as DJK, and once fleetingly known as Win-der-mere.

rupertpupkin

Post by rupertpupkin » July 17th, 2018, 8:19 am

Super write with lovely little almost hidden rhyming and metaphor. Well done on the spotlight.

ImageImage

miharu
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by miharu » July 21st, 2018, 5:52 pm

Super happy to see this in the spotlight! Well deserved, a wonderful write!