I know that I know not

An archive containing past featured spotlight works, what we consider, some of the best works on TPS. Feel free to leave comments.
megz
Location: Space (If im not on the moon you can find me in your mothers room)

I know that I know not

Post by megz » March 12th, 2016, 5:56 pm

*Life will never be about finding the answers to all of your questions, for some questions should indeed remain answerless. It is more so about finding contentment in the answers that you do have and embracing your ignorance in the rest*

So go ahead and tell me that an idle mind is referenced with stupidity and I in turn will inform you that our intellectuality is the root source of our misery.

Who needs sanity
When we can match
The color of our shoes
To the bags under our eyes?

dwells
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: I know that I know not

Post by dwells » March 12th, 2016, 9:10 pm

Interesting convo with yourself Meg, and I'm nodding my head in agreement as I listen-in. Cheers! - Dan

ImageImage Image

Forestdawn

Post by Forestdawn » March 13th, 2016, 3:10 am

Very well said megz.
I really like it. It sounds like an opening to an A+ essay.
I totally agree, some questions should remain just the thoughts, of what the answer could be. And being thankful in not knowing what the answers are.
I always look forward in reading your work. Great write!

Blessings

Forestdawn: Entwined in the love of nature, Goddess of the green grove

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart." Helen Keller

sparky21737
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by sparky21737 » April 2nd, 2016, 5:48 am

Well written. I loved the last line it really summed up the whole piece I think. Much enjoyed piece and thanks for sharing

Sparky

Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light ~ Albus Dumbledore

Sparky's Poetry

miharu
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by miharu » July 3rd, 2018, 8:12 pm

I confess that this mindset is a bit foreign to me... I wonder what kind of question should be unanswered? The idea of embracing ignorance seems to go against my very being as a scientist whose job is to question every thing! However, I thank you for showing me this perspective, so that I can learn from a viewpoint beyond my own.

rupertpupkin

Post by rupertpupkin » July 4th, 2018, 4:08 pm

I was just finishing a 2 hour slog on the lap top going through my daily paper work routine to keep my business running, when my two wee very old and very lazy dogs sauntered past me to wander out into the garden to catch a few evening rays. Had me thinking" which of us is the cleverer? me or the two old mutts?" Then I read this wonderful piece and seem to have found the answer! Lovely piece of writing. Well done on the spotlight.

ImageImage