I Was Not Quiet (MATURE)

An archive containing past featured spotlight works, what we consider, some of the best works on TPS. Feel free to leave comments.
Larsen M. Callirhoe
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: I Was Not Quiet (MATURE)

Post by Larsen M. Callirhoe » May 16th, 2013, 5:49 am

very mesmerizing and captivating. really deep and hits home in a stunning way. you can always say i told you so as your thoughts tell the story so enchantingly. enjoyed.

victor

Victor Mike Lash~
Larsen M. Callirhoe~

All My Poetry Works

Miscellaneous Pieces:
Visions of My Sanity.
Wrestling Gods

the quiet poet

Post by the quiet poet » May 16th, 2013, 1:22 pm

This is interesting since I just watched a movie about a killing in a university... The scary part is that I when I was first reading this, I could see myself as that person. But yeah. It's important to release things, to talk, to show your emotions, because if you don't, the pain and hatred will grow, to an extent that it will be uncontrolable, not stopping until autodestruction.

The Quiet Poet

:heart:

Click HERE to view my poet file!

dornicks
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by dornicks » May 17th, 2013, 5:05 pm

A cocktail of emotions,shaken with great effect. A memorable write and deserving of the Spotlight,

dornicks

everhopeful
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by everhopeful » May 18th, 2013, 3:10 pm

It's one of those poems which is desperately sad because even if it is created as fiction, the events described are painfully real. The breaking point for the speaker of this poem turns their character completely on its head, and their pent up rage, developed over years of abuse, becomes a re-enactment of all they have suffered. Deeply moving and tragic work.
Congratulations on the spotlight.

Mr Goth

Post by Mr Goth » May 18th, 2013, 9:59 pm

as long as i have known you I have never read anything by you its time to reach out and scream through the beauty that is poetry congratulations on this screaming piece

Best wishes

Mr G oth

dwells
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by dwells » August 27th, 2013, 4:04 pm

The human spirit can only take so much, until the animal instincts purge the system. A fine proclamation with a loaded premise of independence - keep writing and welcome to your new vocal reality! Cheers lady!

ImageImage Image

flyboy

Post by flyboy » September 14th, 2013, 10:43 am

Congrats on the spotlight! This piece is quite amazing. As I read it, the video to Jeremy by Pearl Jam played in my head, which I felt appropriate both due to the content and the concept of "speaking" in both works. The "quiet" refrains gave a real sense of building intensity and towards the end it made the actions seem more deliberate. Great work, and congrats again!

Still taking to the skies and Kasting Shade

Chelle
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Chelle » January 6th, 2014, 11:29 pm

Thanks all. And yes...I may or may not have been thinking about that song when I wrote this. It's a fave of mine. :)

Looking For a Few Good Staff:If you're thinking about being a moderator-please check this out and apply!
TPS Moderator Application

Jovel320
Elite Member
Elite Member
Location: Spellbound by the riches of life and the infinite wisdom of nature

Post by Jovel320 » November 27th, 2014, 10:02 am

I'm glad that I took the time to scroll through old posts. This is such a relevant piece today and it does not pull
any punches. I like the way you built this and we can all identify the speaker's pain!!
Well done.
Jovel

Windsend
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Windsend » December 28th, 2014, 12:08 pm

Chelle, I was on the edge of my seat after the first few lines. That opening kept me attentive throughout the entire write. Rough subject matter for some, but definitely worth the time to read and then some.

Spirabilis Receptaculum -

My Poems and "Wind Form" Poem Instruction

All work under, 'Windsend', is subject to my legal; Copyright Reserved 2014-23, USA.