Two Ways to Take a Walk

An archive containing past featured spotlight works, what we consider, some of the best works on TPS. Feel free to leave comments.
sparky21737
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Two Ways to Take a Walk

Post by sparky21737 » August 30th, 2015, 5:32 am

This is really deep, there are so many ideas and thoughts, a world imagined, perfect until it starts to fade and you realise all you did was pretend. A powerful write, thanks for sharing

Sparky

Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light ~ Albus Dumbledore

Sparky's Poetry

karrie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by karrie » September 2nd, 2015, 7:44 am

I was captivated by this. The imagery popped out in front of me and there are so many lines that grabbed me. Well done!

Dew
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Dew » September 4th, 2015, 7:06 am

I think I enjoyed "Make sad feel like sex" the most...I toyed with that thought a while before (or while?) continuing. Sex is kinda sad because it's always almost over. I also liked the last line...some self-observant wisdom in that I think. I related to the idea of drifting between fantasizing and observing reality. Most times I peek out and conclude the dream in my head was way better (and I return). A fun read! - dew

Wes Corona

Post by Wes Corona » November 3rd, 2015, 6:12 pm

WOW! I got lost in your words. I got lost along your journey. I got lost in the girl. I am very sorry the dinner in your head was ruined. FANTASTIC! All you needed was to add a gunfight. Thanks for the trip.

Image ,Image, Image

Every day, life is a test. Pass this test, and you get another day.
Go ask Alice, I think she'll know.

rupertpupkin

Post by rupertpupkin » June 26th, 2018, 7:14 am

Wow!
So many amazing lines and wonderful metaphors etc.
I love the way early ideas come back into the story. I love everything about this. Writing of the very highest standard. Perhaps the best piece of prose I have read on TPS!
Congrats on the spotlight!

ImageImage

miharu
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by miharu » July 1st, 2018, 12:00 pm

The introduction of this piece is eerily prescient. So very enjoyed, a well deserved spotlight.