I think I saw you in my sleep, darling.

An archive containing past featured spotlight works, what we consider, some of the best works on TPS. Feel free to leave comments.
xBloodyxgemx

I think I saw you in my sleep, darling.

Post by xBloodyxgemx » February 14th, 2015, 6:05 am

Love is not ownership. You have no claim on me besides the one I give you. Earn it. I am a fortress, learn how to climb walls. If you are willing to go slowly, if you are willing to exhale, to breathe with me...

I will study you, I will learn the language you speak. I will turn my gaze into a razor, a blanket, a shield, whatever you need. I will listen when you tell me I became the villain. I will reform, I will try to reclaim my purity in your eyes.

Turn me on, turn on my mind, not my body. Tell me how when I touch you, your heart jumps like birds on a vine. Let me stroke your ego, let me sponge the sweat from your brow with my lips, lay your head on my chest--panting-- listen to the thunder of my heart, the wet noises my mouth makes as I whisper your name in awe.

Show me all your lumpy bits, show me the ugly parts, make the case as to why you are a monster, tell me why I should not love you. If you have any depth personality this case exists. Tremble in front of me, cold, naked and unsure waiting---knowing rejection will come. And you will cry with relief when it does not.

If you can do that, you will run behind me when I lead us. You will laugh the lightest, freest laugh of your life as you playfully, shove me, tickle me, poke at me, trying to beat me to the goal, knowing full well there is no one place we are going.

You will ask me to return the favor, tell you of all my fevers, admit to all of my sins, beg you to forgive or judge me. I will do so with joy, with grace, with burning faith in and trust for you. I will drown in the many seas within you, I will tangle my fingers, legs, and hair around you.

I won't give you money, I will oppose you when I think you are wrong, I will ask for reasons and for you to make your case. And I will listen with an open mind.

I won't give you sole rights to my choices, I won't give you smothering comfort, but I will give you time and hard work. I will give you space in my heart, and a voice in my mind, I will give you a claim on my soul.

I will forgive you over and over, I will rediscover you, I will fight myself for you, I will refuse to betray you in my heart. Nothing but death will part us-- even if the day comes that you are far away, and only live on in my mind.
Last edited by xBloodyxgemx on February 20th, 2015, 4:58 am, edited 3 times in total.

"Be your best to everyone, all the time, no exceptions"- Jordan Deryer
"Sometimes, maybe, if you can't feel your faith anymore that means you are within it."- Geoff Rickly

karrie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: I think I saw you in my sleep.

Post by karrie » February 14th, 2015, 9:46 am

I was pulled in by the title of this and from the first line to the last I found myself drowning in the depths of your words. Amazing write!

Chelle
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re: I think I saw you in my sleep, darling.

Post by Chelle » February 19th, 2015, 12:16 am

hey you! missed reading your stuff and chatting from time to time. nice to see you still got it. Loved this. Was the best letter I never received. :)

Looking For a Few Good Staff:If you're thinking about being a moderator-please check this out and apply!
TPS Moderator Application

godsplat

Post by godsplat » February 24th, 2015, 3:21 am

A pulling piece, grasping read!!!

ImageImageImage

Jahaliel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Jahaliel » February 26th, 2015, 7:24 am

talk about getting hit with the past.... its so good to read you again. words can't explain how much I've missed your work (and yourself) this was wonderful, hope you are well.

3 replies for every post

I loved you then, I love you still though we are shadows of our former glory
Though they try to kill us off, we are a never-ending story

rupertpupkin

Post by rupertpupkin » October 16th, 2018, 11:15 am

Wonderful write and so deserving of a spotlight. Well done with this super write

ImageImage