Find the Lady-- Complete.

An archive containing past featured spotlight works, what we consider, some of the best works on TPS. Feel free to leave comments.
Farkas

Re: Find the Lady.

Post by Farkas » November 15th, 2014, 2:40 pm

Hi

I very much liked the introductory hook that made me want to find out more about you’re big plan to solve the issue that routinely plagues writers from time to time. I cannot suggest a remedy to you’re quandary, as I am not qualified to make such insightful pronouncements. However, a writer of you’re obvious abilities will find the answer in due course. Good luck with the rest of the story. :smile:

Farkas :hat:

ramfire
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by ramfire » November 18th, 2014, 12:34 pm

You've got me hooked. I can't wait to see what's going to happpen next. It's so interesting, interesting, interesting.

Jerryk
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Jerryk » November 23rd, 2014, 10:14 am

Nice dialogs, Chris.
O, I could tell stories about aspiring writers in writing classes, lol. Yeah, "We'll turn you into a published writer, etc. " Been there, done all that you mentioned. And then, oh, those darn writer blocks! No wonder I crave a drink. :whistle: I like your write and am curious to learn what happens next. :smile:
Jerry

~verses from an old-fashioned bard; no ambiguities intended~
JerryK aka Alishonak, Snowbells, et al.

rupertpupkin

Re: Find the Lady PART TWO.

Post by rupertpupkin » November 28th, 2014, 3:04 pm

Hi chris. This is a most intriguing write. I find myself really engaging with the characters and love the way it skips along. You certainly have a flair for writing. Can't wait for the next part and the conclusion. Sean.

ImageImage

ramfire
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Find the Lady PART TWO.

Post by ramfire » November 28th, 2014, 7:26 pm

I'm getting a real good view of your life in London. Hope your new adventure turns out right and you can find the lady of your choice for your novel. You've got my full interest.

rupertpupkin

Re: Find the Lady-- Complete.

Post by rupertpupkin » January 11th, 2015, 1:29 pm

Hi. I really enjoyed this little tale. The characters were well fleshed out and the language and descriptors were spot on. It was a tad "girlie" for my personal taste but that doesn't detract at all from the obvious talent on display. Well done Chris, look forward to reading your next piece. Sean.

ImageImage

rupertpupkin

Post by rupertpupkin » March 13th, 2019, 10:50 am

I remember this one well! Nice write and well done on the spotlight

ImageImage

Ladywildalice
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Ladywildalice » March 16th, 2019, 9:27 am

Good day Chris Penny and Congratulations on the spotlight. This was a wonderful tale and so very enjoyable. Your ability to set the mood and pace, right off the get-go, was notable. The little snippets of humor throughout, keeps things from becoming too serious or staid. I thought you did an excellent job of introducing and fleshing out your characters, making each unique and memorable, but above that, making each recognizable and relatable to most reader's current life situation. One aside here, if I may. I found it a bit factious, the whole "would-be writer strikes up instant relationship with star ballerina". I'm not sure if this is even plausible in today's world, or yesterday's in fact, but given it was a, intensely important step in furthering the plot, made the concession to accept it as possible. Your descriptive powers transported me into a rather seedy part of London....places with history....that had seen better days....relegated now to the dreamers, chasers, and fallen and disappointed souls living in its walk-ups, flats, and beleaguered stops. And it offered something to me, the reader, that all good tales do...………..anticipation, mystery, and hope. I really enjoyed, the beginning chapter, and look forward to seeing where this will take our struggling writer, her new friend, and where it will leave her old ones. Thanks and again congratulations.

'Where ecstasy leaves gravity and dances with wild eyes' by Ladywildalice

Josie

Post by Josie » April 3rd, 2019, 12:11 am

I am ready to keep reading, so hopefully you are motivated to move your readers along. The characters are well developed and believable. Sarlota has the confidence to be personable and engages well with Chris. She would want to make a positive impression because the world for her is a stage and she wants to stay the star of the show. Her audience 'Chris' gave her good feedback. They are off to a good start.
This is a first chapter, and I do hope that is what you meant when you called it complete.

Image Image