Tell the Babies

An archive containing past featured spotlight works, what we consider, some of the best works on TPS. Feel free to leave comments.
Namyh

Tell the Babies

Post by Namyh » October 31st, 2014, 4:42 pm

I wrote this for the love of children and the ones yet to come
and I'm doubly honored for the TPS Spotlight. I thank you much. Namyh

Tell the Babies

Tell the babies that the blood which flows in their veins today
built the Pyramids centuries ago with stones from the Earth.
Tell the babies that the genes that make them who they are
created writing and education when the rest of the world was
bathed in ignorance. Tell them that the voices that whisper
are the ancestors anchored within, echoing even as they sleep, to
build the next great tomorrows like were built the last magnificent
yesterdays. Tell them that they are required to rule and
before they can must first rule themselves with knowledge
that resists any attempts to dwarf their Humanity or make
them tumble from pyramids of thought to ghettoes of mind.
Tell the babies that the ancestors left them a living legacy
testifying that they were designed for accomplishment,
engineered for success and somewhere in between was
dropped an endowed seed of greatness by the Almighty
Architect just to let them know that there is a hero within.
And then, don’t forget to tell yourself !

Namyh

ImageImageImage
Last edited by Namyh on December 31st, 2014, 8:47 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Mizzy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Tell the Babies

Post by Mizzy » November 1st, 2014, 5:56 am

A poem of great wisdom and faith.
A superb message to children....

Very enjoyable read................Mick.

“Life is short, live it. Love is rare, grab it. Anger is bad, dump it. Fear is awful, face it. Memories are sweet, cherish it.” – Unknown

Namyh

Post by Namyh » November 1st, 2014, 9:26 pm

Mick - If we fail to find merit, love and belief in ourselves, how can we pass them on to the next generation who will be looking for the very same things we failed to find. A reminder of the obligations we’ve inherited is needed now and then. We forget so easily that this great future we live in stands on the shoulders of an unforgettable past. It views the parade of Man’s hopes and dreams marching towards tomorrow. So we better tell the babies what they need to know to get there or they’ll be stumbling out of step all the way and we’ll be the ones at fault for the stones in their way. Makes a poet proud and happy you enjoyed this message Mick and thanks for stopping by to visit. Namyh

Dew
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Dew » November 3rd, 2014, 7:14 am

Namyh, This really touched me...it had a great impact on my mood and made me feel a deeper love for all humanity. I love the way you wrote it and the effect it had on me. One big gigantic 'amen'! -dew

Larsen M. Callirhoe
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Larsen M. Callirhoe » November 6th, 2014, 7:19 am

I love babies, who doesn't? so cute and warm and peaceful even with stinky diapers they are lovable lol...

I appreciate your write on a multiple facets. thank you... enjoyed....

victor

Victor Mike Lash~
Larsen M. Callirhoe~

All My Poetry Works

Miscellaneous Pieces:
Visions of My Sanity.
Wrestling Gods

Namyh

Post by Namyh » November 9th, 2014, 6:45 am

Dew – I wrote this for my sons and grandsons and children everywhere with a special final emphasis on the sacrificing parents who must raise them and who often forget that they are special too. Makes this poet mighty proud this work touched and had a great impact on you, a kindred scribbler of words. Your words have now touched me and I’m so very glad they came with a ‘big gigantic Amen’, a much needed inspiration this day. Thanks a lot Dew. Namyh

victor – I love the babies too and I’ve raised a few thank god. They are cute, warm, lovable and defenseless except for the invading odor of those stinky diapers which comes with a nuclear fallout all its own the military considers a bioweapon of imminent destruction. Whoa! LOL. So happy you stopped by and brought your enjoyment with you. Thanks victor for uplifting the multiple facets of this day. Namyh

potentialpoet

Post by potentialpoet » December 8th, 2014, 8:12 pm

Tell the babies they have an obligation to treat Mother Earth with respect. Without that, we're all heading to a bad ending sooner than necessary. Very powerful poem. I liked the last line as a way to end it.

Namyh

Post by Namyh » December 9th, 2014, 8:04 pm

potentialpoet – It seems there is quite a lot we have to tell the babies for their good and ours too. If we enjoy sitting on Mother Nature’s knee and breathing while she delivers us a mother-lode of sustenance each day, we had better show the babies how to treat Mother Earth with respect if we’re gonna continue walking on top of her speaking the mother tongue. You never know who’s watching and might decide to take it all back. Just our human luck it would probably be on a Mother’s Day too! Whoa! LOL. Thanks for stopping in potentialpoet and enjoying a poetic talk for our babies. So very glad you liked the ending too. Namyh

IronHeart

Post by IronHeart » December 9th, 2014, 9:54 pm

very cool.

just a week or two ago I was praying, and while in contemplation I came to know that before someone can lead anyone they first have to learn to lead themselves.

great write :)

Josie

Post by Josie » December 10th, 2014, 12:44 am

Dear Namyh,
Congratulations on the recognition of 'Tell the Babies'...My favorite line '... tumble from pyramids of thought to ghettoes of mind'. The beauty your words bring is knowing 'you' are out in the world and sharing truths that should lift all of us to greater heights. Thank you !

Image Image

Namyh

Post by Namyh » December 10th, 2014, 4:24 am

IronHeart – “before someone can lead anyone, they first have to learn to lead themselves” – More true words were never spoken. It seems to be the civilizing drama of our existence that nothing gets written, built, invented or created unless one of us does it first, often propelled by a strong belief that starts with a prayer. Your wonderful words have oiled these old bones today and put some much needed ‘iron’ in my ‘heart’. My bones thank you. My heart thanks you and the babies definitely thank you too. Namyh

tangerinepie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by tangerinepie » December 13th, 2014, 6:28 pm

A poem for the ages most certainly, and an inspirational journey to raise awareness of life's meaning.We often lose our belief in values in this modern day world, and this was a joyous reawakening.Great spotlight choice..Tangie..

Namyh

Post by Namyh » February 13th, 2015, 9:07 am

Ahhh Shucks Josie! - Now you got me blushin’ and gushin’ all over the place and I thank you for it. So very glad you found a little beauty, a little truth and a favorite line here. They definitely lift my spirits to a greater height where my parachute will also be in case I gotta make an emergency landing. LOL. Thanks Josie for enjoying, for the congrats and also for that lift. Namyh

Namyh

Post by Namyh » February 13th, 2015, 9:08 am

Tangie – We adults know when a child is not listening to us or is silent or is just disobedient because we ourselves have been that way too. It is hoped such recognitions come with answers from living experiences we haven’t forgotten or chose to ignore. But when they do come, it is indeed a joyous reawakening. Just thought I’d write a little about it. Thanks for taking the journey here Tangie. Namyh