Let's Take it Slow

An archive containing past featured spotlight works, what we consider, some of the best works on TPS. Feel free to leave comments.
dwells
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Let's Take it Slow

Post by dwells » May 5th, 2014, 11:51 am

A curious yet very insightful opening V, and several people I have known would act in this fashion. A very astute observation on a particular mindset maybe.
Lots of loss and sadness evident in this piece: time, relationships, and memories piecemeal (striking usage of metaphor). Some things cannot be undone; words cannot be unsaid or sights unseen. Cheers for this marvelous bit of artistry!

ImageImage Image

tangerinepie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by tangerinepie » May 5th, 2014, 1:20 pm

What an interesting and well composed poem.Wonderful use of language here that was so smooth and
A pleasure to read..Lovely..Tangie..

AoR

Post by AoR » May 6th, 2014, 9:16 pm

Fantastic flow. I was hooked and just carried through every pain-laced word and fancy cover of emotions both bittersweet and kind. There is a longing and quiet warmth that cradles within a sense of sadness and despair - gave a feeling of nostalgia, memories of people you knew or behaviors of those that have changed over the passing of time. It's amazing and sometimes sad when those we knew years ago have grown to be strangers to us now. This reads with a smooth eloquence that pulls at the heartstrings and is quite emotive. That first stanza opens this up wonderfully and though its hard to decide perhaps is my favorite here because it says a lot about the piece. Beautifully done - a fantastic OM. :)

The one who isn't able to acknowledge his own self, will eventually fail.

Josie

Post by Josie » December 23rd, 2014, 9:11 pm

The artistry to create sadness is visualizing an abandonment of hope, a detachment that offers no flip side, no blame, only the necessity of letting go. If someone dies, you have to let go. If someone you love marries someone else. Perhaps you were not there for that person. I do not know what the poet had in mind, but that is where the poem led me. Congratulations on the TPS Spotlight.

Image Image