Critique.

An archive containing past featured spotlight works, what we consider, some of the best works on TPS. Feel free to leave comments.
flux
Elite Member
Elite Member

Critique.

Post by flux » February 8th, 2014, 1:28 pm

Help me shape my imperfections
not erase them. I want to be distinctive
not perfect.

Make fellow poets happy and comment on their poems.

ImageImageImageImage

everhopeful
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Critique.

Post by everhopeful » February 8th, 2014, 2:41 pm

Excellent stuff, it's hard to get so much mileage out of such a short poem, three lines, two sentences, but one very, very clever piece of wordplay provides a concrete idea that is impossible to not like!
Like this one a lot.

Larsen M. Callirhoe
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Larsen M. Callirhoe » February 8th, 2014, 4:42 pm

I love the word play here flux. The structure of three lines and two sentences and still the words you used are well placed or even perfect though you last line states you are not trying to be perfect just get your ideas across to another us the readers of you writings. On that note your last line gave me a chuckle considering that you said you don't want perfection and I stated what you wrote pretty much is in its simplicity. I love my own irony of contradicting myself. And I made a buffoon in a response on Bekah's piece about fencing lol... Thanks for the treat. Really enjoyed the narrative...

victor

Victor Mike Lash~
Larsen M. Callirhoe~

All My Poetry Works

Miscellaneous Pieces:
Visions of My Sanity.
Wrestling Gods

ladylilith
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by ladylilith » February 9th, 2014, 10:45 am

*chuckles*

It's a fine balance between 'constructive criticism' and insisting on what needs to be 'cut' or 'changed'. I've had a lot of experience with workshopping poems at uni, and often I would argue with people because they were telling me what to change rather than 'suggesting', you know? 'You need to change this' - uh. No I don't.

Lols.

Great OM!! A thought provoker for sure!

Lily^^

"The night is dark and full of terrors."

Balustrade
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Balustrade » February 9th, 2014, 10:59 am

Those who believe they are perfect, or can achieve perfection, are destined to fall flat on their faces sooner or later. These words remind the reader of that but in a very positive way. Imperfections can be reshaped into something workable and livable, but never erased. These words indicate humility of the writer which is a rare trait nowadays.

Formerly known as DJK, and once fleetingly known as Win-der-mere.

rupertpupkin

Post by rupertpupkin » February 14th, 2014, 4:45 pm

Hi, gonna bookmark this as a reminder and guide how to critique with respect. Think this would be perfect as a banner for the PCC. Really great work in so few words. Spotlight, me thinks. Sean.

ImageImage

allmirth
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by allmirth » June 2nd, 2014, 11:44 am

Spotlight, indeed and well placed. No better advice to the writer or those who would offer critique. Enjoyable and inspiring. Congratulations!

Thanks much for sharing.
Mirthy :lovey:

dornicks
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by dornicks » June 2nd, 2014, 3:32 pm

Well phrased, in so few words. Perfection is hard to find.especially in ourselves. Congratulations on the spotlight,

dornicks

Josie

Post by Josie » June 5th, 2014, 5:30 pm

Congrats on the TPS Spotlight recognition. It reminds me that every negative trait can be seen as a positive one in the right circumstances. I like that you said so much in three short lines.

Image Image