core of mystery

An archive containing past featured spotlight works, what we consider, some of the best works on TPS. Feel free to leave comments.
JohnFeddeler

core of mystery

Post by JohnFeddeler » November 30th, 2012, 12:38 pm

one man can look
at fire and see
Hell's unmerciful
inferno

another man
can look upon it
and see
God's perfect
statement
of purification

such is
the depth
of a poem

musie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: core of mystery

Post by musie » December 1st, 2012, 11:42 am

I truly enjoy reading you...as you are quite imaginative...and there is a definite sense of introspect and the Title fit's it perfectly with it's depth of emotion and the imagery is great at capturing the reader's imagination...Very nicely written making for an intriguing and thought provoking piece....Musie

ImageImage

everhopeful
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by everhopeful » December 6th, 2012, 10:04 am

Nice piece, and well suited to the enlightened board, not just because of the literal reference points, but also because it highlights how life, like poetry, is often a matter of perception.

IronHeart

Post by IronHeart » May 11th, 2017, 6:04 am

I love this poem, it is great. Yeah, what we see says a lot about ourselves. Nicely put, I like how you tie the image into poems. Keep writing :)

anthonycoll
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by anthonycoll » May 11th, 2017, 11:07 pm

Truly it is in Eye of the beholder - after all is said and done! Good to see this one brought back for another reading! anthony

Louis Gibbs

Post by Louis Gibbs » May 12th, 2017, 3:30 pm

A beautiful tribute to our craft, John! I look forward to more of your insights.

Ladywildalice
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Ladywildalice » August 22nd, 2017, 8:22 pm

Indeed! As is true with all human perception, the Heaven and the Hell of it is in the personal interpretation. The images, the angles and curves, the descriptors, the emotional connections we find lead us to interpret music, art, poetry, sculpture and, yes, even social human interaction, in very personal ways. What appears as a white rose to me, may be a boll of cotton to you, or a scoop of vanilla ice cream to the next person. That is what makes creativity so wonderful. This is excellent. Congratulations on the TPS Spotlight.

'Where ecstasy leaves gravity and dances with wild eyes' by Ladywildalice

AoR

Post by AoR » August 23rd, 2017, 2:10 am

Congrats on Spotlight! I see you are a master of writing something meaningful and so powerful in a handful of lines! That's impressive and always amazes me. It all comes down to perception, half-full vs. half empty. Interpretation is a funny thing and you effortlessly deliver a musing and thought-provoking notion!

The one who isn't able to acknowledge his own self, will eventually fail.

Christopher11
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Christopher11 » August 27th, 2017, 9:24 am

Poetry gives an author plenty of space and loads of options. Opportunities to talk about things fixed or broken, and a chance to speak with a heart wide open. This reminds me that the interpretations can be as unique as the writer's intentions.
Very much enjoyed!
David

FAITH