The Passing of Stumpy Shore

An archive containing past featured spotlight works, what we consider, some of the best works on TPS. Feel free to leave comments.
SirDaniel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: The Passing of Stumpy Shore

Post by SirDaniel » December 22nd, 2012, 2:18 pm

I did not see the ending coming to this poem at all.. what a sad story, however there are millions of such life stories sleeping on concrete and eating out of trash cans today.. I know a few whom I have felt sadness for.. Wonderful story told very well, worthy of the honor of being spotlighted.

~ Daniel

bushpoet

Post by bushpoet » December 22nd, 2012, 5:02 pm

G'day Daniel,

Yes sadly for many their biggest battles came after they came home and many young ones who see them today don't even know what Vietnam was all about. Thanks for sharing this story.

Some days your the pidgeon and other days the statue.

wendellgee

Post by wendellgee » December 23rd, 2012, 1:56 am

Sobering. Very good word. This world is a hard place.

bushpoet

Post by bushpoet » December 23rd, 2012, 5:08 am

G'day wendeglee. It can be I'm afraid. A lot of understanding goes a long way. thank you for sharing Stumpy's story.

musie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by musie » December 23rd, 2012, 8:24 am

This was so well written and tugged at my heart string's, as I have worked with many Veteran's in my life, and have always had a great deal of respect for them...and this situation is sadly too common...the story you told was jam packed with great emotion as well as detail pulling the reader in and causing ensuing emotion...Everyone should respect these guy's, because most do not know what they have been through..especially with the PTSD....An epic piece well done and most deserving of the Spotlight..CONGRATULATIONS! Musie

ImageImage

bushpoet

Post by bushpoet » December 23rd, 2012, 8:00 pm

G'day Musie, my mentors here in the Australian Bush Poetry Association gave it the winning write in the Australian Bush Poetry Championships Written section some years back. I appreciated their recognition of my work and also appreciate yours. Thank you. Sadly while folk continue to wage war on each other we will always have the Stumpy Shores. I guess we can only be understanding.

jainrohit

Post by jainrohit » December 24th, 2012, 10:47 am

Rhythm is the centerpiece of these truly epic epic , bushpoet ! Never does any syllable seem to be forced in this .... the picturisation that you have achieved in this is a sign of great poet that you are ...... this has so many references and depiction of a time and topic that very few of us can experience today..... equally enlightening are your comments and discussions above ........ a well deserved spotlight

bushpoet

Post by bushpoet » December 24th, 2012, 4:29 pm

G'day jainrohit, thank you for taking the time to share Stumpy's tale and one hopes that the younger generations may take something from it. I hope 2013 will be kind.